ScoutBook.com Advancement Records Disappeared

Daughter’s records for Ranks (Bobcat, Tiger), Tiger Adventures and hiking log missing from ScoutBook.com under BSA ID 135473366 for Atlanta Area Council, Button Gwinnett District, Pack 827.

She is transferring to Northeast Georgia Council. Missing records are complicating the transfer. I spent a significant amount of time ensuring her ScoutBook.com records were up to date. She spent a good amount of time completing these requirements.

How can we make this right and restore her records?

I’m sure they are still there, but you just don’t have access to see them for some reason.

When you click on her name and edit profile. Is her bsa member number filled in?

When you click her name and then her membership, is there anything under current membership? If so, which one?

Q: When you click on her name and edit profile. Is her bsa member number filled in?
A: Yes, 135473366

Q: When you click her name and then her membership, is there anything under current membership?
A: No, not any more. Her Pack 827 membership information used to be available from here from Button Gwinnett District in Atlanta Area Council.

Q: If so, which one?
A: See above Pack, District and Council Detail.

Screenshots - Google Shared Album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/NKqzhGXykz2eGWzF9

Since it is a Council Transfer - that means your daughter has a new BSA # - so therefore a new Scoutbook Account. The new council will need to enter everything into ScoutNET from her old council before it appears.

Can they not simply merge the two BSA ID numbers in Akela and merge the Scoutbook records? I thought that having a single record for every person was a major part of the BSA’s goal in acquiring Scoutbook.

ETA: Fat fingers, tiny keyboard. :sigh:

You cannot see any of her Advancement because she does not have a current membership. The advancement to display is dependent on which program they are a member of. Add a membership to her new pack, and you’ll see it again. Once she is registered, she’ll get a new bsa member number. You or her leaders will then need to email scoutbook.support@scouting.org and ask them to change her member number to the new one.

Donovan, is this correct?

If the old account has the old BSA id# replaced with the new BSA is#, then all the previous records would be associated with the new number.

To do this, one would contact Scoutbook support to have them:

1. Delete the new account with the new number. There would be no scout advancement records attached to this account.
  2. Add the new number to the old account. This account has all the advancement records attached.

A parent or an admin in the new unit would need to update the scout’s account with their new address and other details. This could happen to the old account before the number change.

This process avoids the hazards of manual data transfer and the time/effort of the council registrar to do it.

That would work - a new tool is being tested now to make this process easier

1 Like

Thinking about that a little more. #2 may not even be needed if they are moved in Scoutbook before their registration is processed AND personal info matches exactly. It should automatically change the bsa member number.

You cannot see any of her Advancement because she does not have a current membership. … Once she is registered, she’ll get a new bsa member number. You or her leaders will then need to email scoutbook.support@scouting.org

• We are half way there as there is a duplicate entry for my daughter without a BSA ID reflecting no rank that is associated with the new pack.
  • I’ll add the new BSA ID to the profile of the new entry and email scoutbook.support@scouting.org as to transition the records over.

Thanks, all.

Updated ScoutBook.com Screenshots Reflecting the above:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nY72KTpiRHLBKjQb7

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.