Scout's entire history including ranks and merit badges are completely missing from Scoutbook and Internet Advancement

One of our scouts internet advancement record is completely clear as if he has never been in the system. He appears on our roster, but not in a patrol and with no data. Not sure where to start to fix this, so I thought I’d try this forum for help.

Post the Scout’s BSA Member ID (we do not need a name) and we will investigate.

Thank you for responding so quickly. Not sure why I didn’t notice this earlier but it looks like it’s a second record that had a different BSA #. Must have been created this month. I did find his original record though, so we’re good. Do you want his new BSA# to delete or should we follow up with council?

You should post both numbers so we can see what is going on and advise you I think

Thank you, new BSA 13773375, original BSA (has info attached to it) 128378471. Appreciate the help!

@TishaMaldonado I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

Hello; I’m finding the same thing with both of my sons. I can’t find anything on them!

@KimEnglish For your younger son M., he had no memberships in Scoutbook. I added a membership to his Scout Membership page, but it needs to be approved by a Pack Admin.

For your older son J., it looks like his troop’s recharter has not been processed yet - it appears to be pending. He also did not have a current membership with his troop. I have added it to his Scout’s Membership page, but it needs to be approved by a Troop Admin.

Our scouts records have not completely disappeared but 1/2 of his merit badges did. I checked. They are in internet advancement. Thank you so much in advance.

@RhondaHarvey Please post the Scout’s BSA member number (no names).

131082712 I have not checked to see if anyone else was affected.

@RhondaHarvey a sync has been setup for this check after 4pm CST today

Thank you! I will look forward to checking it!