Scoutbook email link invites not sent

Added new cubs at SB yesterday. Added parent connections and “sent” email invite to connect. No email was sent. I double and triple checked email addresses. Why were emails not sent?

Did the parent check their spam folder? I received a test message I sent to myself with only a few second delay so the mail queue is not stuck.

I created a fake cub for myself and a fake parent account so that I could see how easy it is to be a new parent SB user and I never received the email for my fake cub either.

@HeatherHankins - I just did a test email and that went through. Could you try sending an email to that parent both within and outside of scoutbook.

I’ve found I have to include a message or the invite doesn’t actually get sent.

I worked at a company that sold an all-in-one software package for running non-profit & political websites.

The software was sort of similar to ScoutBook in that it had membership tracking, activity tracking, and email “blasts” (emails sent to all current members).

A site that sends a lot of email is very often filtered as spam. There are a bunch of new email ant-spam protocols to allow real companies send high volume email. The protocols are: SPF, DKIM, DMARC. The company I worked at was fastidious about making sure these protocols were implemented and configured properly. That kept the email going through.

Does Scoutbook implement these protocols?

Email originates from scouting.org, which seems to contain the relevant DNS records:

scouting.org. 1953 IN TXT “v=spf1 ip4:209.246.150.0/24 include:spf.protection.outlook.com include:spf.constantcontact.com include:cust-spf.exacttarget.com include:zcsend.net include:_spf.stgi.net include:mail.membee.com ip4:204.28.10.0/23 ip4:69.174.82.0/23 ip4:50.97.178.240 ~all”

Email headers show, at least, google accepting the email:
spf=pass (google.com: domain of scoutbook.donotreply@scouting.org designates 50.97.178.240 as permitted sender)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.