ScoutBook is duplicating Merit Badge counselors on Council Upload

Let met try to be more helpful. I didn’t get a ticket number for the bug today, but below are the four ticket numbers I’ve gotten in the last few days. I get ticket numbers for about half of my reported problems. And the email doesn’t say which number goes with which problem. (And there are lots.)

1. Scoutbook Support Incident SSD-101127: Closed. I think this was correcting spoofing the sender, now emails come from Scoutbook scoutbook.donotreply@scouting.org instead. Great fix!

2. Scoutbook Support Incident SSD-101170: Closed. The summary report listed all counselors as new, even if they were previously upload. Fixed 5/7/20. Seems to have re-surfaced the “Error updating Merit Badge Counselors on council upload” bug.

3. Scoutbook Support Incident SSD-101648 and SSD-101178: Several other bugs, listed below:

• Member ID’s Scoutbook suggests in one upload are reported as non-existent in the next.
  • SSD numbers are sent back without reference to which error report they refer, or when or how to use them.
  • MBC upload documentation should omit or explain Akela.
  • Drag and drop to upload doesn’t work.
  • Documentation says to contact support if a Member ID isn’t in Scoutbook. Experience to date and items in this forum suggest this is not really useful…need a better path to getting these volunteers in Scoutbook.
  • I forgot…I got an email as a counselor after the 5/7/20 fix and upload, but hadn’t changed my record. I don’t know whether all 789 other counselors got this erroneous email.
  • I asked that admins get some record of how many emails went to whom for what reason.
  1. I reported today the bug that changes to badges are not taking effect. I didn’t get a number back. So it may be one of the above.