We currently use google groups for our troop communication: all the parents (and additional adults like stepparent/grandparents who support the scouts) get added to the list. anything sent to our troop##@googlegroup email goes to everyone.
Any parent can email the troop, things like:
- How many scouts are going on this outing in patrol x (so we know how much food to buy)
- I was at x store and they had tents on sale for the next few days
- I saw the the Arboretum is having a Insect Study Merit Badge event
Scout leaders can send out announcements or reminders about trips, events, requirements, etc:
- Today’s road cleanup cancelled due to weather
- Don’t forget your bike helmet
- Here’s the permission slip
- December’s outing will be on these dates to this place and this cost, etc
Can someone tell me how the message feature works in scoutbook comparatively?
Edit to add: would we be able to add a unit forum and use that in much the same way?