Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Scoutmaster lost full control to two scouts

Probably not a true bug, but a parent caused issue - but i need help!
I’m troop admin.
Scoutmaster lost full control for two scouts (brothers)

*under the scout connections, the box to add full control is greyed out and I can not change.
*in connections manager the SM has full control of all scouts except for those
*evidently parent tried to add SM as a MBC and when she couldn’t, she made him a parent.
*I was able to remove him as parent of one of the brothers, and give him full control of that brother

• Cannot remove SM as parent of the 2nd brother in any of the screens.

Any ideas?

Is the Scoutmaster still a Troop Admin?

If the Scoutmaster was added by the Scout’s parent as a parent/guardian, only the Scoutmaster can remove it.

Good to know - will try that!
I was down to giving everyone in the troop full rights to the scout and manually changing each one.

Is the Scoutmaster still a Troop Admin? If so, go to the Troop Roster page:

1. Click on the Scoutmaster’s name
  2. Click on the Troop Admin position
  3. Click Update

And this should reset the Troop Admin connections to all Scouts in the troop.

Hello, I am having a similar issue. I am the current SM of my Troop, with Troop Admin and Patrol Admin rights. I am also a MBC for several of my Scouts. I logged in today after conducting a Scoutmaster Conference and discovered that I no longer have access to approve rank advancement for this particular Scout. I am his MBC for a couple of MBs as well. After digging around, I discovered several of the Scouts I am the MBC for, I have MBC rights, but no Troop Admin rights. Strange thing is that I still have full control for other Scouts I am a counselor for.

I attempted the listed fix by “re-selecting” Troop Admin, but it dod not change anything. Maybe I have to wait for the system to rectify?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Dan

Dan,

I would like to get your case in front of the developers. Please send an e-mail to scoutbook.support@scouting.org with your name and BSA Member ID and the BSA Member ID of the Scouts in your unit that you lost connections to. As a unit admin, you should never be disconnected from a Scout in your unit.

In the subject of one of the automated replies will be an SSD number. Please post this number here so we can ask the developers to investigate.

Ed,
I’ve had the same thing happen to me several times lately, most often after connecting to a Scout as Counselor. It seems to break all other connections and I have to reset my connections by going to my admin position and clicking “update.” Per your note to Dan I have reported this to Support as well and my SSD is SSD-100514.
Bob Acker
Circle Ten Scoutbook Champion

Thanks Robert.

I have passed this on to the developers.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.