Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Submitting a ticket

Apologies, but for the life of me I cannot remember how to submit a help desk ticket request. I searched here and the only thing I found – Submit a Ticket in SB Help – takes me to a page (404 error) that is no longer active. All posts I found were from 2019 so it occurs to me something may have changed.

you can no longer submit tickets - you either need to post here to see if SUAC can help or talk to your local council

So, what do you need help with?

I have a scout who came over from another council. I finally was able to change his troop number from his old one to ours (with instructions from someone via a Help ticket) but I cannot assign him to a Patrol. He shows up in the list of scouts in our Troop, and I can manipulate his account, but when I go to a Patrol and attempt to add him his name is not in the list of scouts in our Troop.

I should be able to help with this - I will send you a direct message - watch the avatar in the top right of screen

you can also try the admin reset trick > go to unit roster > click your name > click the admin position and click update

and make sure an admin APPROVES his membership

How is that done/what does that mean? His paperwork came through many months ago…??

Under Membership I see an option to Reassign a Patrol, but in this case I’m not sure what that would mean, especially because our Patrol names don’t show up here. He does show as being part of our Troop as of 6/23/2020 (although I’d swear I’ve been dealing with his account far longer than that…but I’ll have to go back and look at email chains).

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 12.45.48 PM

On membership page do you see this Green Shield?

yes I do see the green shield

ok probably a screenshare is needed I have time now if you do - I can send in direct message

sure. What do I need to do?

@MaureenMellett sent info on direct message

OK this was a good one getting a story - Nicknames do not show in Reassign

I am the Tiger Den Leader for Pack 232. However, in Scoutbook, I am listed as a Tiger Scout who is not connected to me (as an adult) and am no longer listed as an adult leader. Can you please change it back to me being an adult leader so that I can be granted connections to the scouts in my Tiger Den? And, please remove my name as a Tiger Cub Scout?

@DianePotter I will send you a direct message for more details - watch the avatar at top right to find it

OK I found your account and see the issue - let me check

@DianePotter - here is what I think - someone fat fingered entry at council and hit Tiger Member instead of Tiger DL, and made your account a youth - I made it an Adult account again - The Unit can then go in and add the Tiger Leader role by clicking on the Pack > Pack Roster > Add Leader > Search for you by email. Your Council also needs to get your application right

Thank you so much! I’ll have my pack admin adjust my role. Thank you again for all of your help!