The provided Member ID does not match the existing user profile

I have a leader moved to our council and is trying to add his new MID to his my.scouting.org account, but gets the error “The provided Member ID does not match the existing user profile” when trying to add it and make it his primary ID. Unfortunately, our registrar doesn’t know what to do since she can’t see the old council’s file on him. I assume the name or DOB is different between the two MIDs and that’s the reason for the error.

previous MID#12027697
current MID#136570552 (new council)

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

If you post the MIDs (no names needed), some of the SUAC members have visibility into the database.

His previous Council registered him with his first and middle initials as his first name (J M). The new Council registered him properly with his legal first and middle names.

Since his first name in his my.scouting.org ID does not match his new MID, it won’t let him add it.

I have fixed his my.scouting.org account and merged his Scoutbook accounts.

1 Like

Thank you! Was going to this forum the best way to do this, or is there something our local council registrar could have done that we could share with them?

Because this was a case of changing Councils, the only thing your local Council could have done would be to open a ticket with Member Care because they can only see their own Member IDs. Since some of us that provide support can see all Member IDs, we can fix issues that Councils can’t.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.