Can anyone walk me through how to look up Pack Adult Leadership training so I can see what they still need to complete? I need to compile a list to present at each committee meeting and encourage training participation.
Are you a Pack Trainer?
Ask one of your Key 3 (Cubmaster, Committee Chair, or Chartered Org. Rep.) to log in at:
- Then they need to click on Menu -> Pack XXXX [whatever your pack number is]
- Then they click on the “Organization Security Manager”
- Then they click on “Unit Training Chair” and then the green “+” button to add you.
- After they have added you as “Unit Training Chair”, the next day you should be able to access the Training Manager at my.scouting.org. They should be aware that this functional role will expire at the end of the charter year and will need to be redone after each recharter.
After you have been designated as “Unit Training Chair”:
- Using the Training Manager at my.scouting.org, click on the magnifying glass icon (Search Training).
- Then select the names of the adult leader(s) (or select all by clicking on the green check mark).
- Then click on the document icon (Print Member Training Report).
- You will get a pdf report that lists who is trained / not trained.and training incomplete / training complete based on their registered position within your pack.
Michael, are you the Pack Trainer, Committee Chair, Cubmaster, or Chartered Org. Rep? If so, you already have the permission level needed to look up training records for folks in your pack.
If not, then follow Jennifer’s instructions to be granted the necessary permissions.
The process for finding training varies, depending on your target person:
- Are you looking for records for only people who are registered with your unit in My.Scouting? This may be a subset of your unit leaders, given that Scoutbook allows you to add a leader before they are registered with national.
- Or are you checking records for folks that are not in My.Scouting yet? You can track folks that are in the process of doing training before they register. Some councils require completion of position specific training before being registered.
- Are you checking training for registered folks doing a position that is different from their registered position?
All of these can be done. #'s 2 & 3 are a bit more tedious. I will be glad to detail the process, just post which one(s) you are doing.