Tried Searching - Existing Parent Cannot be Found when adding New Connection

I am a registered leader and father of 3 Scouts (1 Scouts BSA, 2 Cubs). I recently registered my youngest as a Lion. I am a Key3 Delegate and can see all my scouts.

My older 2 are connected to my wife (their mom) since they were signed up several years ago. But when I go to my Lion’s “Add a Connection” screen and search for her (by name, by just last name, and by e-mail address) Scoutbook returns “No records found that satisfies the search criteria”.

Before I re-invite her to Scoutbook, am I missing something? She is shown as a connection on the other 2 Scouts in the family and receives Scoutbook reminder e-mails for their meetings and outings.

The child in question is BSA ID 14407680 / SB ID 12574254.

Thanks!!

@BrianCuster

There is a known issue where parents who are not leaders will not appear in search results. The developers are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

There are two workarounds:

1. Ask your council to connect the parent and Scout via Registrar Tools. About 24 hours after being connected this way, the connection will be made in Scoutbook.
  2. Ask the parent to log in to Scoutbook using their my.scouting.org ID (or creating one if necessary) then navigating to My Account → My Connections then click the “Connect to Scout as Parent/Guardian Link.” The parent will need to enter the Scout’s BSA Member ID, last name and date of birth to make the connection.

@BrianCuster Because she is connected to your older Scout in the pack, you can also try using the pack Connections Manager to make an initial connection between your wife and your youngest child.

Then go to the Scout’s Connections page in Scoutbook, click on her name, and update her connection type to “parent / guardian”.