Unable to connect Registered Scouts to Roster on IA

Two recently crossed-over Scouts are not showing up in Troop 43 internet advancement. They are both on our Troop roster in Scoutbook.

The first Scout’s BSA Member ID is 137557104
His Scoutbook User ID is 12270719

The second Scout’s BSA Member ID is 137557196
His Scoutbook User ID is 12270754

Both are part of our Troop roster on Scoutbook and as their Assistant Scoutmaster and Advancement Coordinator, I am able to fully manage their rank and advancements. But on IA, I go to MyScouts and ‘Add Parent Connection’. I enter their information and they are listed. I click ‘Connect’ - and I get ''Oh no! We couldn’t connect to this Scout". I have connected to all the other scouts in our Troop this way.

Any recommendations?

@AlessandroFerrante_d I am confused why would you click that? Are you looking at the Troop Roster in IA?

@AlessandroFerrante_d The first one appears to have a duplicate Scoutbook account.

you unit needs to give you the connection - ask a unit admin - making yourself a parent of a scout is not ideal and really a YPT issue

Did the Pack transfer both Scouts in My.Scouting? If they don’t appear in Roster (My.Scouting) they are officially still part of the Pack.

@AlessandroFerrante_d Both Scouts appear to have duplicate Scoutbook userIDs.

It looks like you are registered as a Committee Member and have the functional roles of Key 3 Delegate and Unit Advancement Chair. As a Key 3 Delegate / Unit Advancement Chair, you should automatically be a Troop Admin in Scoutbook and automatically connected to all Scouts in the troop.

Try resetting your Troop Admin role. In Scoutbook:

1. Go to the Troop Roster page.
  2. Click on your name.
  3. Click on your Troop Admin role.
  4. Make sure the box is checked next to “Position Approved”.
  5. Click “Update” to save.

This should reset your Troop Admin connection to all Scouts in the troop.

1 Like

@AlessandroFerrante_d Something else that might be causing issues: you have 2 Troop Admin roles in Scoutbook.

Pick one of them and put a date ended. There is a good possibility that having 2 Troop Admin roles in the same unit might be causing problems.