Unable to Enter Hike in Activity Log

I am unable to associate the people that went on the hike with a previously entered hike in Internet Advancement.

After selecting all the people and entering the correct number of miles for each, when I click on “Complete Activity” is just spins for a LONG time, then after a while I just get a box that says “Error”.

I tried entering the people associated with the hike twice and both times encountered errors.

Just in case it matters, we actually had two different hikes, a 5 mile hike and 1 mile orienteering course, so we have a large amount of people that had 5 miles and also a large amount that had 1 mile.

Also in case it matters, I am entering this as an Assistant Scoutmaster.

At this time, only the Key 3 and the advancement chair can add activities.

Unless something has changed, that is not true. This was the 3rd event I have added. It was the first hiking trip, but I have previously added two camping trips and associated the people with the trips. It allowed me to add the event, I just can’t associate the people with it for the hiking trip. Sometimes it requires the key 3 to approve the people I associate with the event, but not always.

I just remembered that I have also entered a service project recently and was able to associate the people with that with no problem. I just did that on Thursday.

That’s been the case since the new activity logs were added to Scoutbook…

So, let’s dive a little deeper. Do you have any other roles in the unit besides ASM and parent?

When activity logs were first added I couldn’t do anything as ASM but around September timeframe I could enter a camping trip and associate people with it, but all the people I added to the event had to be approved by a key 3 after I added them. Recently it seems to let me add them without approval but there is a chance one of the key 3s saw it right after I added it. This Thursday I entered a service project and associated people with it, with no problems.

Within this troop I am an ASM and a parent. Within Scoutbook itself I am a troop admin, but unless something has changed, that has no effect on IA2. Last I checked I wasn’t a key 3+3.

Added: just verified that I am not listed as key 3+3. Under MSO I can’t see any of the additional items I use to see when I was a CC of a Cub Pack.

Double check that you’re using your leader profile in IA2, and not your parent profile. You can click on the fleur-de-lis next to your name and check which profile is active.

I checked that was set, and it was set correctly. My default is my ASM position. Not sure what happened but now the people are associated with the event. I checked several times earlier and there was nobody associate with the event, but now the correct people are associated with the correct number of miles. I guess it is no longer an issue for me personally, until the next time I have to enter people from an event. Thank you for your help.

Just as an FYI, all of them are associated with the event but they still have to be approved by the Key 3.

I know this is older but I’m just frustrated that as an assistant scoutmaster I’m so limited to what I can control on scoutbook. Makes it very frustrating and hard because I am not the UAC or a K3D yet I am more active in our scoutbook portal than they are. I have activities that are just growing in pending state and nothing can be done about it. I thought as an ASM I use to have access to approve things but maybe I am thinking incorrectly.

Why not ask your COR or CC to make you a Key3 Delegate? You convinced me it is needed.

2 Likes

We got an exec meeting coming up I’ll try and bring it up then and see if I can make any headway… Freaking love the data I can store and track on the troop in scoutbook just need more access lol

2 Likes

Bleh… so apparently they’re not willing to assign me a position cause they’re already taken. I guess our activity log will just continue to grow in pending items until someone with access can approve it.

As you can see from the original post in this thread I dealt with the same situation. I also am an ASM and the primary person that enters activities, individual rank advancements and stuff like that. I just kept telling the Key 3 and the Advancement chair every time I entered new events that needed approval. Usually one of them would come in and approve it within a couple days. A couple times a few things got approved that shouldn’t (family camping trips entered by a scout) and after a few to many times bugging them, they finally made me a Key 3+3. Won’t work in every troop but that was worked in my troop.

Ah nice, yea I’ll just keep bringing it up then lol.

Whoop whoop! Logged in today and had access to approve stuff but I don’t think I was added as a key 3 or adv chair… Anyway lol finally got that queue of over 99 things approved! Haha

1 Like

I had entered a lot of hikes previously, but all but two were gone now.

UserID 2274118

Any chance they’re still in there somewhere? I added the three big ones again, but I don’t even remember some of the smaller ones. That was my master list.