Unable to see Recharter

I am the Key 3 Delegate for my unit. Our unit is set to recharter in early May. And our recharter period opened on March 1, 2024. I started the work on rechartering, and about a week or so ago, the recharter button on the right disappeared.

I have not been able to figure out what caused it. Can someone let me know what is the right process for recharter now?

Thanks

@WeiChen2 - contact your council

I already have contacted Council. And they have filed a ticket with National.

I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue, or if they are able to see the Recharter button in Internet Advancements. (Of course somehow I said right, when it should be left side of the screen…)

@WeiChen2 what unit? all your current registrations run through 12/31/2024

This is Troop 782G in San Diego Imperial Council.

The girl troop was formed in late April 2023, and its first recharter date was set to May 1, 2024.

We did not see Unit Renewal until March 1, 2024.

yeah just saw that - yes recharter turns on 60 days out

Hi

Correct. So it turned on at the right time. But it suddenly disappeared on me. And I am a little over 30 days out, and no access to recharter form.

Wei

Fastest solution might be for Council to just reset it

Thanks. I will reach out to our Council contacts and ask for assistance.

I spoke with Council, and they told me this has been reset. But I am still not seeing recharter icon.

Should I give it 12-24 hours? This is what I see on left side. I used to have Recharter just below Scoutbook.

@WeiChen2 There is a new Recharter process effective March 1, 2024.

It is at my.Scouting now - not Internet Advancement.

I am trying to find out if Key 3 Delegates have access or not.

Here are instructions for the new Recharter process:

@JenniferOlinger Appreciate the redirect. I just looked there. And do see Unit Renewal.

Are both COR and CUR required? Right now I have COR, but no CUR.

Thanks
Wei

No, the CUR role is for units that are chartered by their local council.

It looks like you have the “COR/CUR Delegate” functional role, so you should be able to see Recharter at my.Scouting in the Organization Manager.

@JenniferOlinger This is for 782G, and I can see it as a Key 3 delegate. (For this troop I am Key 3 delegate only).

But in Organization Manager I am seeing the following screen for renewal. You see I have a COR, but the validation shows an error still.

(picture removed by Moderator)

@WeiChen2 I think it is probably a bug with the new Recharter system.

I would recommend contacting your local council and ask them to submit a help ticket on your behalf.

1 Like

@WeiChen2 ,

You might want to reach out to Traci (registrar) in the council office to see if she can get you to the right person at the office for this issue.

@CharleyHamilton @JenniferOlinger
Thank you for the help. I already reached out to Traci in the SDIC council office. As well as Enrique who supports us.

I hope now we are on the right track, this will be able to finish in a timely manner.

1 Like