Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Unable to take online trainings

As a SM, I had 16 new required online trainings to complete. I knocked out 10 of them, but 6 don’t load. I get a message that says
“training _scouting.org refused to connect”.
Is this a temporary issue or is something broken?
My COR wants them done ASAP.

Specifically - Outdoor Ethics, PLC Meeting, Patrol Method, Roles of the Unit Key 3, Roles of SM and SPL, and Troop Meeting are the 6 that won’t load.

We have not heard of any system issues with training. Have you waited some time then tried again?

The training website is terrible. I get the same messege or a black screen from failure to load the video. Keeps happening and then its frustrating to have to start it all over again. Ater 5-6 times I gave up. I’m stuck on the segment for sexual abuse v2. Definitely needs to be fixed.

It all does seem pretty fragile. I would not count on it being fixed in time for you to do your training. One approach is to do it in incognito mode.

Ok thanks but not sure how incognito works.

Depends what browser you are using. It may be called “private” on some.

I’m having similar problems. I’m trying to catch up on training, so I’ve complete about 15 training modules. All of have worked fine except that “What is a Merit Badge Counselor?” always give this “refused to connect” message. I’ve tried multiple computers, multiple operating systems (Windows and Linux), Multiple browsers (Firefox and Chrome), Incognito mode, and repeated attempts over several days. Rather frustrating.

1 Like

I am unable to start the required Scout Youth Protection Training. I have successfully done so in the past. My certificate expires 11/23/20, so I am trying to take the program again.
When I click “start” for the training I am taken to a screen that has “Overview and Policies v2” on the top left corner and the rest of the screen is blank. That is all that happens, despite many different attempts on two different computers. How do I complete my Youth Protection Training?
Thank you.