Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Unit Pins not showing up for new units

In June of 2019 we started a new troop for girls and as of today the unit is still not showing up on the BeAScout site as a pin. Our district has a second troop for girls started a few months back that is also not showing up. I have searched in surrounding areas of the state and also found no unit pins for two other girl troops that I know exist, one started back in April 2019 and one started in June 2019. These four missing pins are all in Hudson Valley and Rip Van Winkle Councils in NY. I have found pins for girl troops in Twin Rivers and Westchester-Putnam Councils in NY so I know some are being created. I have been in touch with our council to resolve this but several months on we are still not showing up which makes recruiting harder. Can anyone point me to whom I should contact about unit pin issues?

Has someone from your unit set the pin to “active”?

Bryan on Scouting: Update your BeAScout pin today, so future Scouting families can find you tomorrow

BSA help document: BeAScout Unit PIn Management

I am the committee chair and one of the key 3. I am also chair and key 3 for our boy troop and I can edit the pin entry for that unit from my My.Scouting account. I have nothing for the girl troop.

Possible issues:

• pin must be in unit mode and active to display
  • unit and leader are not yet registered for 2020 (by council registrar)
  • unit identification issues (not entered by council correctly or multiple IDs)
  • key 3 v.s. key 3 delegate

I do not know what you mean by “key 3”. If registered as troop committee chair, try removing “key 3 delegate” if that has been set in the organization security manager.

Failing that, contact national member care for assistance.