User cannot be added to activity in Internet Advancement

Repro
Create an activity for camping.
Add people to the activity.
Save the activity.

Save fails as seen below

Narrowed the error down to a father/son pair. Adding the father JY after the son (also JY), then saving results in the message shown.

Is there a straightforward work-around that logs the activity for both the son and the parent?

1 Like

Is the parent a registered unit leader?

This looks like the closest thread to my question- I am a Lone Scout parent with twins, ( we are multiple registered with a Troop).
When I add a hike or camp or service hours I have to do my 2 Scouts separately- I must create 2 activities each and every time: how do I ‘Add people to the activity’ ? Both Scouts are listed under me, but that may as a parent.

Parents can only add individuals.

thank you @jacobfetzer , for your quick response.
As Lone Scouts; I will continue to create the approved campouts, hikes & service projects separately for my twins and have the Troop(s) approve.
We started on the road and I wanted to verify that I am keeping up correctly.

As I review this now, we have 3 “James York”. All are registered. But only two (father & son) belong with SHAC - Arrowmoon - Troop 1300.

Adult “James Kevin York” BSAID 12222225 userid 5326162 has no association with Troop 1300 and should be removed from our roster.

Adult “James Prescott York” BSAID 102408171 userid 11746771 is a regular participant with Troop 1300 and should be retained. Though when I try to set his email address (jprescotty@gmail.com) the ScoutBook throws an error indicating the address is in use on yet another record (which I cannot see).

Youth “Alex (nickname) James York” BSAID 129604924 userid 1191123 is a regular participant with Troop 1300 and should be retained.

Any assistance to resolving the noted issues with the two adults would be appreciated.

Correction, make that 4.

Somehow the the parent record connected to the youth is different than the parent record in the roster. These two “James Prescott York” should be preserved and merged. I would expect to keep the older of the two IDs (assuming they are serialized and not reused).

This is the record seen in the roster
Adult “James Prescott York” BSAID 102408171 userid 11746771 is a regular participant with Troop 1300 and should be retained. Though when I try to set his email address (jprescotty@gmail.com) the ScoutBook throws an error indicating the address is in use on yet another record (which I cannot see).

This is the record seen as Alex York’s connected parent
Adult “Scott York” BSAID 12218910 userid 1191183.

I would prefer records on the former be merged to records on the latter.

Many thanks