Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Unable to add Scouts/Adults to Activity

I have previously reported that I could not add people to an event that had been created. I posted about the issue in an Scoutbook bug report and after about a week, the problem went away. Now the problem is back. I now get an “An error occurred while processing the request” message (see below) and I end up having to cancel the entries. However, it accepted my posting the non-Scout participants.

I want to let you know that while I am committed to making Scoutbook work, the Scoutmaster and other adult leaders in my troop are getting increasingly frustrated with Scoutbook and IA2 because of the constant stream of problems that seem to take place every time the development team tinkers with the programs. They are just about ready to direct me to stop using both Scoutbook and IA2 and are already instructing the Scouts to rely exclusively on paper records They feel that in the rush to add new features, many of which only are useful to district commissioners and the Council, you are destroying the usefulness of Scoutbook to unit leaders.

Yours in Scouting,

Chuck Olson

OA Representative Advisor & Registrar

Troop 463, Sandy Springs, GA

Chuck
The programmers are looking into your issue. I sent you a personal message. Click on your icon in the upper right and the envelope.

Bill: Any update on when this issue might be fixed? I tried to add Scouts to two recent events and it errored out again.

This has been shown to be the best solution: IA Error Message - #3 by JenniferOlinger

So delete the existing activities and start over the way Jennifer suggests?

She says that works best!

Ron: That solved the immediate problem.

Chuck