Webelos Transfer issue

Yeah, that’s what we’ve ended up with (so far) – my problem was following the directions on ScoutBook, and not knowing about the “new” way of doing things.

We’re still very much ScoutBook-first and Internet Advancement 2.0-second, and it’s fairly obvious that IA2 is getting more resources these days (as it should be). That’s a problem when the way to do things is moved over to IA2 and nobody goes back and “fixes” ScoutBook. I’d use IA2 more if it were a more mature system, but it’s not ready for prime-time yet.

1 Like

Yes, sort of…some of ours updated around midnight that night, some took two or three days. There was no rhyme or reason…

Anything change on your roster this morning??

Success! Everyone got moved over, with one small hiccup: the original Scout has a clone, though we should be able to deal with that.

So in a nutshell: ScoutBook needs to clean up the old transfer messaging; Internet Advancement needs to fix its “Transfer In” link; and there are a great deal of usability/documentation features that can be improved across the entire platform.

Thank you to everyone for the help!

1 Like

@AndrewBarnett - I am indeed pleased that it did work in the end. WOOHOO

@edavignon Can someone on the SUAC add to the backlog the bad/old help entry?

The Transfer-In feature is VERY new. It did not exist when I worked on transferring crossovers to our troop in mid-February 2022.

1 Like

I am the Cubmaster. I couldn’t get mine off my roster until the Troop registered him in the troop.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.