Troublw transferring Webelo scout to a BSA Troop

I am trying to transfer a cub scout into our BSA Troop. I was able to transfer all the other Webelos in our pack including his twin brother. When I try to transfer this one scout it keeps giving me an error message that and adult guardian is not attached to the scout. I have his dad listed in all the profiles with him. Any idea on why I am unable to transfer this one scout?

The problem is that the council has not attached a parent to the scout in ScoutNet. The connection between a parent and the scout in Scoutbook is irrelevant to that error. The council registrar needs to associate a parent with that scout in ScoutNet before the online transfer tool can be used. I recommend getting all of the information for the parent who is connected in Scoutbook, providing that to the registrar, and asking them to make the connection. They may ask for a new youth application (signed by the parent) to be submitted in order to document the parental relationship. It seems to depend on how your registrar handles it (which might depend on local laws).

1 Like

Thanks Charley! I appreciate it!

1 Like