Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

What Causes this Error?

Why do I keep getting this message: Annotation 2020-04-30 094012

Debra,

What are you doing when the message appears?

Trying to connect my scout to a merit badge counselor.

Debra,

Have you confirmed the individual is a Merit Badge Counselor in Scoutbook? The position must be in Scoutbook in order to make the connection.

When you select Merit Badge Counselor as the connection type, the list of Merit Badges the individual counsels will be listed. If there are none listed, the person is not a Merit Badge Cousnelor in Scoutbook or does not counsel any Merit Badges attached to the Scout’s profile.

The person is a merit badge counselor for various badges but I guess he is not set up in Scout Book. Is that something our Council handles or our Unit Leader?

If your council has uploaded its MBC list to Scoutbook then the Council must add him and upload a new list. If your council has not uploaded its MBC list then a troop needs to add him to their roster as an MBC.

To determine if the council has uploaded its MBC list, you can try to add an MBC position. If it succeeds, the Council has not uploaded its list.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.