When a Scout transfers to another BSA unit...,

…what happens to funds in their individual Scout Account?

We are phasing out individual Scout Accounts by the end of this year, but we have two scout unit members who have also just joined another unit in a different District and plan to hold simultaneous membership. They will be doing their meetings and advancement with the other troop.

We are temporarily chartered with Council, having lost our Elks charter, but hope to charter elsewhere soon.

Do we send checks to the new unit? Do we keep funds in our unit accounts? Don’t funds belong to CO?

Help and accurate info are much appreciated!

p.s I have not heard of Scouts belonging to two units simultaneously…I assume this is legit?

Since this is not a question about tools, I’d suggest that you reach out to your council for advice.

1 Like

Multiple registration

In reference to:

Scouts can be “multiple” registered in different units. For myScouting tools use, one unit is designated as primary. This is usually also true for council and national fees. I believe the current publicly published guide used by council registrars is the Registration Guidebook of the Boy Scouts of America. July 2019 ed. Irving, Tex.: Boy Scouts of America Inc., ©2019. PDF. https://www.scouting.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Registration-Guidebook.pdf.

Funds

The Scouting forums are internationally and publicly readable. This funding situation appears to be a local issue. I believe there is no one answer. Every change of chartered organizations may be different depending on local agreements.

If the council registrar or the chartered organization representative assigned to your unit by the council SE does not know the answer, I suggest contacting your council Scout Executive/CEO (SE), to resolve any issues.

2022-05-27-A