YPT Y01 changes?

Was there a change to how this course was set up in the last 7 days? I started retaking it about 10 days ago and there was a new warning that popped up today regarding retaking the course.

There is nowhere I could find to “resume course”. Also, each subsection doesn’t show a date completed, just the course as a whole, which isn’t helpful if someone forgets what section they are on. Did I miss something?

@TimothyRogers Can you comment on this?

I think you can figure this part out by going to My Training → Completions in your my.scouting account. At least that seems to be the case for me, although I finished them all in one sitting, so maybe it reports differently in that case? That doesn’t help with the “Resume” button question, but at least you should be able to see which modules you completed recently and do the others?

ETA: I agree it would be most helpful to see the date completed for each module directly in the training.scouting interface.

Yeah, I found it there. Took a minute to figure out the filter to “Completed”. The subsections do not have “YPT” or “Y01” in the titles, and that would make it easier to see which ones they are. I see 2 are showing completed and one more with an old date. I just have to figure out how to navigate to it without resetting anything.

I think that, if you scroll down on the page in your screenshot to the name(s) that match the ones with old completion dates, then only “retake” those parts, I suspect it would be OK.

That said, hopefully the guru for the training side can comment on what will actually happen. I’m just a unit-level volunteer, so I’m not sure if I’m right.

UPDATE and continued concerns. First and foremost, I found the “Resume” button and completed the correct YPT course. Somehow, when I started retaking it 2 weeks ago, I was in the old course.

@CharleyHamilton Clicking to Agree to the retake warning (screenshot in first post) indeed resets the whole course. It should only be done when you are going to retake it for the first time each year (council specific). On subsequent visits, you must find the “resume” to pick up where you left off.

Since the my.scouting landing page was redesigned it is significantly more challenging to get to the correct place to resume a course in progress. I will be posting screenshots to highlight the navigation later.

Good to know.

This will be great help for other folks who need to complete YPT “in chunks” due to time constraints. Thanks!

@TimothyRogers

See comments regarding better UI behavior.

I have passed them on to IT.

1 Like