2 BSA ID - Merge in My.Scouting & Scoutbook

I recently transitioned from GA: Atlanta Area Council (092) - Member ID: 12040823
I now reside in WA state and have a new ID under Pacific Harbors Council, BSA (612) - Member ID: 137505093

Please merge the IDs, with all associated trainings and awards, (I would prefer if I could retain the prior/older member number if possible). I also need this for both My.Scouting and Scoutbook, please.

@BarryNorton log into my.scouting.org > click Menu top left > Click Manage Member ID > one of the BSA # will be there marked PRIMARY > then add the other MID (BSA #) - you want to make the one that is your unit registration PRIMARY > Then go to Scoutbook.com and log in using your my.scouting.org credentials
I will look at the Scoutbook accounts

Thank you. Is there any way to maintain my old/legacy ID and move that to the new Council. Or is it inevitable that I will have a new / different member number?

MIDs from different councils cannot be merged - they can only be managed - that will merge training

MIDs are isolated to their council - so that is your current registration under the new number

Understood. So, no issues as long as the new number will have all of my training and adult awards/achievements aligned under it.

I made the change in My.Scouting. When I use the new ID Scoutbook will not load (only loads under the old one).

Awards I believe are isolated to MID unless new council enters them, IF they are even entered for the old MID, it is not often they are entered - I know a Silver Beaver/Antelope/Buffalo - and only the buffalo is entered

@BarryNorton Were you also in Maryland? I found a third BSA member number with your name and date of birth.

Yes. I was originally in Maryland (National Capital Area Council) where I received my AOL from Pack 1583 and Eagle from Troop 1575 along with my Youth Religious Award (either Light of Christ or Parvuli Dei from St. Philip the Apostle Parish - Father Bernard Ihrie). Would be great to link all 3 of those if possible.

OK, I have added the third BSA member number using Manage Member ID. There was also another Scoutbook account, but it has been merged.

Thank you. I am glad I am no longer 3 separate people.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.