Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

578 Items on Purchase Order

Well, we tried to use the new system to request awards and accidentally have two full years of scouting on one purchase/advancement report. How do I undo a purchase order?

Hello Patrick,
If the the Scouts have already already received some of the awards. I believe you just mark them as already awarded. And run the report again.

1 Like

I think marking something awarded even drops it from open POs. If not, @KennethMortello’s method definitely works. Delete the current 578-item PO (which dumps everything back into Needs Awarding Purchasing report). Then, mark everything Awarded that’s already been presented, and regenerate the PO with the shorter list.

ETA:. Thanks to @JenniferOlinger for catching my typo.

1 Like

@PatrickMcDade - it may help to know how you got to the point of so many items? Were you in scoutbook.com or IA2 ? There are many ways to get past the issue dependent up the path where it started.

POs are saved as they are developed and do not change after awarding items. I use my old POs to verify when items were bought.

I know that’s true after a PO is closed. Is it also true with the PO still open? I thought our AC told me that if I mark something awarded it falls off of her open PO. I could easily have misunderstood, though.

Marking items as Awarded will not change the PO - only the items that appear on the Needs Purchasing Report. The user would need to delete the PO, and then create a new PO.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.