Accessing "needs purchased" report - takes me to dashboard?

Here is the Scoutbook Support Incident SSD-93528

I opened his account and from the dashboard I went directly to the reports and couldn’t replicate what you observed. When I went to “needs purchasing report” it would act like it was going somewhere but would just land me back on the dashboard. The incident report is turned in so we will just wait for direction. :cowboy_hat_face:

@ThomasSteckbeck I am making a few notes on the ticket. Looks like Herbert has 2 BSA numbers in New Birth. Find out which one his my.scouting.org log in is under and post that to ticket after my notes please

his primary member ID# 113588873. This is from the New Birth of Freedom listing on my.scouting.org. This is the number that the other number was mergered too. Other number was 12125345. Please know that we had worked through member care services to merge all three of these profiles which allowed us to get to where we are at today. Obviously still not right. Middle name for Herbert is William.

Here is what I see when a search is run on leader name:

Thank you Stephen for info. I had used this information prior to work with member services but didn’t investigate since then to see if they had actually been condensed to one profile. :sunglasses:

@DonovanMcNeil - I have responded back to the SSD# 93528 and requested an update as of this afternoon. The Crew is getting anxious about being able to go and purchase awards and distribute. Is there a “work around” so that I can instruct them how to get this done?

@ThomasSteckbeck you can manually fill out an Advancement Report to turn it in

Or they could use scoutbook.scouting.org and Internet Advancement to generate an Advancement Report

@DonovanMcNeil - Herb Milligan worked with another Admin associated with the Crew (Benjamin Newton) and it appears his Unit Admin profile works properly. He / they were able to go into the Needs Purchasing Rpt and generate a PO and get the advancement documents. So, interestingly Mr Newton’s profile had the Unit Admin position re-initiated back on 12-12-19. I was wondering if we should “end” Herb Milligan’s unit admin position and then reinstate it. Maybe that will regenerate full functionality??

@ThomasSteckbeck it is worth trying

@DonovanMcNeil so I have been added to the Crew 230 as a Unit Admin. I went and ended the unit admin position for Herbert Milligan and then reinstated the position. I allowed this to sync overnight and the the problem still exist. We can’t get to the “needs purchasing report” as we are directed back to the dashboard. Even though nothing needs purchasing, we should be able to see “old” PO info. I also went to the unit roster and selected add a leader and did a search for Herbert Milligan. It appears that there are still 3 profiles for him. I would think that since merging these profiles that only one (1) would show up. Am I wrong? :thinking:

Thomas,

Did you send an e-mail to scoutbook.support@scouting.org to have the 3 Scoutbook accounts merged? Even if your registrar merged retired all but 1 BSA Member ID, the Scoutbook member care team still needs to merge the accounts in Scoutbook.

the original SSD91898 asked to merged profiles, but at the time we were only aware of two.

Since there may still be additional accounts, I suggest opening another ticket.

Here is the Scoutbook Support Incident SSD-94861. I specifically requested to merge all three scoutbook profiles.

Is he a member of another unit for which he is not a unit admin?

Yes, he is associated with Crew 42 as a committee member on their charter and he is not a unit admin with the crew. He is the Crew Advisor with Crew 230 and has the Scoutbook position of Unit Admin. He is also a MB Counselor within the New Birth of Freedom Council.

Thomas,

Have him put an end date on the Crew 42 position then try to access the report again. There was an issue that may have come back that prevents someone who is a leader but not an admin in one unit from accessing the Needs * reports of a unit for which they are an admin.

We did this a week ago and there has been no change. Yesterday, ticket SSD-94861 was communicated that it is completed. As of this morning, Herbert still cannot go to the “needs purchased report” process. I’ve also noticed that since I became a Unit Admin with the crew, it doesn’t appear that I can access it either. When going to “needs purchasing report” the crew 230 isn’t listed along with Pack 125 and Troop 125B. Please know that I am a Unit Admin for all three entities. It almost appears that this is a system issue and not a profile issue.

Thomas,

I still see 3 users for Herbert. I have reviewed the ticket and based on the comments believe there should only be 2 (father and son). I am following up with BSA IT on this.

I will also ask them to once again investigate the root cause of the report issue.