Add Connection for scout

I need to add parent 140495763 as a second parent/guardian to cub 140440748. When I searched for him in SB, the search produced no listing because while he has a my.scouting account, he doesn’t have a SB account. So, I tried “Create New Adult Account”, but it said I can’t because it found an adult with the same first and last name.

Thank you for your help!

@PAIGEBORGESON - the parent should be able to connect with scout themselves.

@PAIGEBORGESON

The parent can use the Apple Login button to log in to Scoutbook and connect themself to the Scout.

Navigate to My Dashboard → My Account → My Connections and click the link near the top of the screen that says **Connect to your Scout as Parent/Guardian".

The parent will need the Scout’s BSA Member ID, last name and date of birth to connect.

1 Like

He doesn’t have a SB account.

What is Apple Login?

@PAIGEBORGESON

He has a my.scouting.org ID which is what is used to login to Scoutbook. He has is my.scouting.org ID setup to use his Apple ID. To login to Scoutbook he just needs to click the Sign in with Apple button then use his Apple ID when prompted.

He does have a Scoutbook account. The last time he logged in was 3/5/24.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.