Have Parent / Have Lion Scout... can't get them linked

Lion Scout ID: 14618608
Parent ID: 14618609

Both are in my Pack Recharter List
Scout is shown in my Pack
IA - Scout record shows no parent
Scout Book - Scout record shows no parent
Attempting to add the parent in Scout Book - when searching for either the parents name, OR the parent’s ID returns “no record found”.

ANY suggestions on getting these two linked??
(or can one of you tweek this thing?)

Jim Wine
Committee Chair - Pack 107 NCAC

The Parent Search is broken right now

The most reliable workaround is, if the parents have a my.scouting.org account, is for them to log into Scoutbook with their ID and PW, navigate to My Account → My Connections then click the “Connect to Scout as Parent/Guardian” near the top of the page. The parent will need the Scout’s BSA Member ID, last name and date of birth to connect.

If the parent does not have a my.scouting.org ID, they should create one then use the process above.

Alternately, you can ask your Council to add a connection between the Scout and parent in Registrar Tools. About 24 hours later, the Scout & Parent will be connected. The parent will still need a my.scouting.org ID to access Scoutbook.

If the parent is in the unit already by a position or another Scout you can use Connection Manager under Roster, then go to the connection and click the Parent Checkbox

@JamesWine

Since the parent is already connected to the Scout in Akela, I was able to make the connection in Scoutbook. The parent needs to log in with the Sign in With Apple button and his Apple ID.

Thanks… its looking better… SB thinks they are linked. I’ve sent the invite to Dad… we’ll see from there.

I’ve also sent the Dad the information from Donovan as “Plan B”.

Grateful to all.
JW

You shouldn’t need to send this parent an invite. He should just log in, because he already has a my.scouting account.

He has Apple sign in turned on, so he should log in to Scoutbook with the “Sign in with Apple” button, Apple name, and Apple password.