Adding second parent to Scout connection

Searching for email, city & state. Get the: “No record found that satisfies the search criteria” When I try to send a new invitation, I get the error that says at least one account with that email exists. Tried to find the fix in the previous posts, but can’t find it. The only fix I saw was the one for the parent to login to my.scouting.org and navigate to the connections from there. If that’s the only fix, please let me know. Thanks!

There are 3 workarounds for the broken search.

1. The parent can log into Scoutbook, go to their My Connections page and click the link at the top of the page to connect to the Scout as Parent/Guardian. The adult will need the Scout’s BSA Member ID and last name.
  2. Ask your Council to add the Parent/Guardian relationship to the Scout’s record via Registrar Tools. About 24 hours later the Scout and Parent/Guardian will be connected in Scoutbook. This is the preferred method as it keeps the relationship in the membership database.
  3. If the Parent/Guardian is connected to another Scout in your unit, a unit admin can use Connection Manager to add a connection between the Scout and adult then go to the connection on the Scout’s page and set the Parent/Guardian check box.
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.