Advancement Chair/Troop Admin

Hi,
I am designated as advancement chair and troop admin. in the roster and was able to use Scoutbook as of 2 weeks ago to input new information and make edits. Now, however, I am unable to update any information, including my own daughter’s. When I hit quick entry, I am forwarded to Internet Advancement and can see only my daughter’s profile and am unable to do anything. There is a section called Patrol in my dashboard that does not list me as a leader. Could that be the problem? Help!

@MarianCope - what is your designation in My.scouting.org ? Are you listed as Advancement Chair there ? Or is it just committee member ?myst

To further clarify, IA2 (scoutbook.scouting.org) uses the permissions set at my.scouting.org (at least for now), which are limited to either members of the unit Key 3 (unit leader, committee chair, chartered org rep), or those that they designate in one of the functional positions at my.scouting.

So, no matter what your role might be in Scoutbook (scoutbook.com), in order to access IA2 (scoutbook.scouting.org) and the logs now hosted there, you must be listed at my.scouting.org as either one of the Key 3, a Key 3 Delegate, or (I believe) Unit Advancement Chair.

ETA:
Also, there is work underway to expand the permissions. We haven’t received a complete list of exactly how the access will be revised. Parents and youth are supposed to be able to enter information for the scout’s logs using the Scouting mobile app (i.e. neither scoutbook.com nor scoutbook.scouting.org), but there seem to be mixed results there for some folks, as noted in various threads.

There’s a yellow banner at the top of the Scoutbook login page which links to both the help documentation for the new logs, and to a post with some information regarding the planned revisions to log access.

3 Likes

I am listed as Advancement Chair and Admin.

Marian

@MarianCope - more specifically what are you listed as in my.scoutung.org ?