I am the Advancement Chair for my BSA Troop, MID: 114191832
I successfully entered 31 merit badges and 1 rank advancement on 11/29/2022 for our 12/12/2022 Court of Honor (COH)
The P.O.'s (part of the problem is that two were generated) do not reflect all awards. Only 11 awards are on the reports. The Advancement Reports have the same problem.
When I attempt to download the Advancement History report for the period from after the last COH until yesterday, it has the wrong data in the PDF - not what was displayed in the report. The report that is generated on the screen has the correct data and shows the advancements were correctly entered.
- Entered approximately 20 of 31 advancements when the system told me there was a problem. It gave me the choice of going off-line or coming back later. I elected to work off-line. I had done this successfully before; no problems synching.
- Continued entering awards.
- Left Internet Advancement, refreshed the Scoutbook screen, then went back to Internet Advancement. I hit the Sync button and the synchronization began. I soon got confirmation the syncing had completed successfully.
- Generated an Advancement Report and reviewed it. It was missing advancements, so I exited the report by clicking hon the ‘x’ in the upper right corner.
- I checked some scouts from the Roster and the advancements were all there. I tried to generate the Advancement Report again, but it was still wrong, so I exited it.
- I logged off and came back to Internet Advancement. Nothing had changed.
- I went to My Dashboard and checked for P.O.s. It was also incomplete - it matched the Advancement Report I had reviewed.
- I ran an Audit Report for 11/29/2022 and it showed I had successfully entered and approved all of the advancements. I had never approved the advancements because the report was incorrect. (I am not sure what all of the entries in this report mean, but every award had multiple audit entries.)
- I ran an Advancement History report to verify the awards were successfully entered. It displayed all of the awards correctly.
- I cannot update Scout advancement records. I thought I might reset all of the advancement statuses and rerun the Advancement Report. I had used this feature previously to update incorrectly entered dates.
- I checked the P.O.s again and noticed there were two. One had only 1 advancement and had not been closed, so I closed it.
- I also checked the Advancement Reports (old), and the report corresponding to the above P.O. was there and had the same data - 1 advancement.