Internet Advancement 2.0 - Import File - Advancement Report

I’ve tried entering items manually on IA 2.0, and I see them on the Advancement report and under Purchase History, but when I import the awards from TMWEB 2.0, IA 2.0 approves the awards automatically and doesn’t show them on an advancement report. I can regenerate a listing of advancements, but it does not show the “Advancement Sync with BSA national database” verbiage at the bottom that the Scout Shop wants to see. Is there a way to not automatically approve awards upon import?

1 Like

Follow the directions here to upload a file and generate a report for the Scout Shop using Internet Advancement 2.0

1 Like

The instructions say to Run Report → Scout Shop Report. Scout Shop Report is not an option. The options under Run Report are: Advancement Report which shows nothing since the awards were already processed or Advancement History which creates a report but does not show the “Advancement Sync with BSA national database” at the bottom. Is the Advancement History report satisfactory to present to the council to buy awards without that verbiage?

1 Like

Melba - if you click on reports on the lefthand side just under profile, does it list anything ?

I saw where you received the incorrect instructions, and that page is now fixed.

The correct instructions are here if you are running the report after manually entering advancements in Internet Advancement 2: Advancement Report for Scout Shop from Internet Advancement (IA) - Scoutbook Knowledge Base

NOTE: if you use Scoutbook, you should NOT be generating reports in Internet Advancement 2.0

On the reports link under profile, I see “Purchase History” reports which correctly shows POs for where I manually entered some awards that did not match on the import. For manually entered items in IA 2.0, I have no problem. It’s the ones that import and are automatically approved that don’t show up on an advancement report – other than the history reports.

These instructions match my understanding. First I am not using Scoutbook. We use TMWEB 2.0. I generate the .TXT file from TMWEB 2.0, import it to IA 2.0 and wait for it to process. After it is processed, I go to Run Report → Advancement Report expecting to see the items that I just imported so I can review and submit them. But, they are not there. Upon the import processing, all items are automatically approved and processed and nothing shows on the Advancement Report. They only show on the Advancement History report.

Let me follow up with the developers on this.

Melba
Click on the Reports in the menu on the left and see if possibly a report was generated for your advancements and is stored there.

hummm… I seem to recall asking the user to check that report option about an hour ago…

Yes - you did, and I replied to your message. On the reports link under profile, I see “Purchase History” reports which correctly shows POs for where I manually entered some awards. For manually entered items in IA 2.0, I have no problem. It’s the ones that import and are automatically approved that don’t show up on an advancement report – other than the history reports.

Yes indeed and why I mentioned it. I will offer a remote session to get another set of eyes on it. You can email sjhjr@comcast.net if you wish to try. I will be available after 7pm est.

We have confirmed that there is an issue that when you upload the file in Internet Advancement the system currently marks the advancement as ‘awarded’ so it does not appear in the advancement report. Thank you for bringing this up.

The developers are working on the issue.

If you wish to mark an advancement as not-awarded, go into Scoutbook and click on the Scout’s name, their advancement and the date and remove the awarded indication.

I’m glad to hear you are working on it. I have tried to “unapprove” or “unaward” the ranks, but I cannot enter a blank date. I click the three dots, choose “edit/unapprove”, but IA2.0 requires me to enter a date to save the change. I don’t see a way to just change the state back to “unapproved” or to remove the award and try again.

Follow the instructions here on how to remove an advancement in Internet Advancement 2.0

The issue with advancements marked as awarded in the text file that is uploaded and so are marked awarded when a file is uploaded thereby preventing them from appearing on the advancement report has been fixed.

On the hyphenation issue, change the name in Scoutbook to match the registration and the upload should work. To change the name, click on the Scout in Scoutbook and edit their profile.

This is a temporary work around but should work.

I am trying to upload reports from scout track to scout book via the “import file” button on the roster page. The button is greyed out and doesn’t respond. Also when I try to run any reports I get “Please log onto your account and try again, or report this to the forums (81).”. I have logged on and off multiple times. Is there any way to resolve this? Thanks.