Advancement report is missing

Thank you, I just did.

Sandrate, are you using Troopmaster Web rather than Scoutbook to enter your advancement data? If so, the steps are somewhat different.

No we are using Troop web host as our Troop management software. I can either upload from TWH to Advancement, or manually enter all achievements.

Since our troop uses Troopmaster Web 2.0 rather than TroopWebHost, I don’t know how much help I can offer. Several things I have found out by trial and error:

• The Web browser one uses makes a difference: Safari won’t work, but Firefox does.
  • The Advancement Report must be sent as an Import text (.txt) file, not a csv file.
  • You have to use Internet Advancement 2.0 rather than Internet Advancement 1.0, which can be done through my.scouting.org > Menu > Legacy Tools. (It interfaces with Scoutbook.)
  • If you have access to more than one unit in my.scouting.org > Internet Advancement, make sure you access the correct unit (i.e., the troop and not the pack).
  • When you try to import the text file, if you get an error message that says, “Something went wrong, try again
View Errors”. Click on that message and if it states, “Invalid Member ID”, just wait and periodically retry to import the text file.
  • You can create the Advancement Report for your Scout Shop in Scoutbook once the information has been uploaded to Scoutbook, which may require waiting overnight.

Thank you for your explanation. Yesterday I entered some recent advancements and Internet Advancement is working again as it used to be. I was able to print the advancement report. So the problem is fixed.

I’m glad your problem was resolved. I had to try several times today before I could import data into IA 2.0. There is obviously an intermittent problem that hasn’t been resolved since it was reported in February.

What are the symptoms of the issue you’re having importing your data files, @HubertShaffer? Are you referring to the “Invalid Member ID” issue you described in your bullet points above?

Yes, that was it. The issue resolved with time after multiple attempts.

Thanks, @HubertShaffer.

I’m assuming that you’re trying multiple times with the same file, but was it always the same set of 14 BSA IDs that were showing as invalid in each attempt?

From your description, am I correct that this isn’t the first time that you’ve had the issue? Have you noticed any similarities between the instances when the issue arises? For example, is it at a similar time of day (which might suggest an automated background process is involved), or always occurs using the same browser, but doesn’t occur using other browsers? Is it always the same set of BSA IDs, or are there different ones throwing errors each time? I’m assuming that the BSA IDs involved belong to scouts who are not new to the unit?

Thanks,

This issue has only been intermittently present, so it’s hard to localize.

In answer to your questions or assumptions:
– Yes, the same set of BSA ID were showing as invalid in the multiple attempts yesterday afternoon.
– This was the second time I had the issue.
– I can’t remember the times of day it happened previously, but it was in the afternoon yesterday.
– I have been using the same browser – Firefox
– The scouts are not new to the unit. All have been present for at least 5 months. One scout had his first advancement (Scout) recorded with this submission. In the first attempt at sending the import text file to IA 2.0, I did not have the BSA ID for that scout. At that point IA 2.0 indicated only one Invalid Member ID. I inserted that BSA ID into the import text file and resent the file. IA 2.0 then reported 14 invalid member IDs.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.