Akela keeps moving Scouts out of Troop's SB roster

Our council has not yet processed transfer applications for six scouts in our troop who recently crossed over from their pack. While I transferred them in SB using the instructions for transferring scouts between units in the same council, the Akela system keeps removing them from the troop’s SB roster. Is there a way to stop this behavior so that these new Scouts aren’t constantly being excluded from Troop communications, calendar, and advancement recording? Why is Akela so aggressive in reconciling unit rosters in SB during a time when councils had to trim back their administrative and commissioned staff due to pandemic-related budget constraints? The only people that this hurts is the Scouts, yet it isn’t clear that it really benefits anyone to just have an automatic purge without warning or recourse.

Post a BSA # of one of the Scouts and we can look.

Look at #133428152

I looked closer at the notes in the various membership entries on SB, and on April 19 the scout was moved back to his former pack and that message reads:

|Reassigned by SB UserID 6674841|| Ended by SB-2874 clean up script for membership that was not on recharter that runs on Apr 19 2021 8:49AM

But on April 26, I transferred the Scout back to the troop again, and on the same day he was removed from the troop’s SB roster with the message:

DateEnded set by AkelaSBDeltaSync as AkelaExpiryDate < CharterRenewalDate

Yeah this Scout has never been registered to troop. But now there is a way around the backlog. You can see it as Troop Chair - but the Pack or Parent has to do it.

Go to my.scouting.org - login as Chair > go to Roster > from here you can transfer Scouts to other units in you Council in AKELA. They have to be in your unit so you will have to help pack do this.

You then find the unit

Then just like an online application, receiving unit leadership approves them and they are officially in.

Or if you want to wait on paper, modify the SB memberships to start today and you have 30 days till they drop

Thanks for that help. It’s also good to know that we have 30 days before Scouts drop. Can you interpret this message for me?

DateEnded set by AkelaSBDeltaSync as AkelaExpiryDate < CharterRenewalDate

Also, does this transfer process in AKELA eliminate the need to do the paper application?

Message looks like your Charter was renewed and obviously Scout was not on it

Yes the AKELA Process is the same as Paper Application for Scouts

1 Like

If you do the online process, let the council registrar know not to process the paper application let you make things worse and maybe end up with a second registration or something. Plus if it was a new registration, you don’t want to pay online and pay through registrar.

Of course, that makes sense. We’ll keep this in mind for the future and it’s good for other units to know as well.

@brantgurga this process has not payments as it is only for transfers

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.