An Event should be able to have an RSVP date embedded in it

When I create an event that requires us to register, I would like to have the ability to say RSVP by X date in the event creation and then be able to set the reminder to the RSVP date listed. For example, I needed to have RSVPs for an event in January and in order to set that as a date, I had to create a different event just for that RSVP deadline.

Agreed. I have now come up with a standard “template” for our campouts to make up for a few of these shortcomings.

A couple of key items that are part of our standard “template” is to begin the entry with the unit. Since there is a flaw that emails don’t say what unit they are from, I add this for Scouters that are in multiple units and can’t tell which from the reminder.

I end with an RSVP before: Date so that people see that. I do that in bold. Below you will see how it renders in the emails and on Scoutbook.

Troop 1401
Turn in at the troop meeting before the campout:
*signed permission slip (Scouts given access to Scoutbook can print for parent to sign)
*campout fee
*health form A&B (if not already on file)
*medication form (turn in prescription medications day of campout).

Go to the troop website for list of recommended gear, blank health form, and blank medication form.

Campout Fee: $30 – cash, check, card, or payment online ($2 fee to pay by card or online).

Other Campout Details
Annual Baird School Scouting Winter Camp. We will have one of the cabins for 1401 (and maybe girls from the pack). This is an awesome event with 1401, boy’s troop 1201, and the family pack 4201. We will have a campfire program with songs and skits on Saturday night!

Contact Mr. Johnson with any questions.
Ph/txt 920-zzz-zzzz or email zzzz@troop1111.org.

RSVP before: December 31st

1 Like

This is in the development backlog. We do not know when or if the BSA will schedule it for development work.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.