Approved Merit Badge Counselor

@SameeraZia - well how are you doing the search and perhaps they were dropped by council.

What do you mean by

MBCs are registered with the district or council, not a unit.

@SameeraZia as far as your account you still do not have - or ever had a MBC registration

1 Like

@SameeraZia your MBC is under a slightly different name, and I see no way for you to even log into it. TAC needs to move the position to your other BSA #

I think they have to merge multiple accounts. Apparently there are more than one account made by the council.

Accounts cannot be merged - they just need to move positions - you used slight variations of your name so the other was not found

spoke with my council and was informed its an issue at national and they are trying to fix .

What issue? A lot of misinformation seems to be going are kind.

@ThomasHolmes2 looks like your council is just way behind processing council charters

1 Like

Which is one of the many reasons I choose to not use Scoutbook.

@PaulWohlrab

This is not a Scoutbook issue, though Scoutbook is the vehicle through which many found out their MBC registrations had ended.

The BSA notified Council in early April that anyone with a 12/31/21 registration expiration would receive one final extension of the grace period to April 15. Due to the holiday on April 15, this was extended to April 18.

I checked your registration and the last time you were registered as a MBC was 2009. If you still feel you are an MBC, you need to re-register before working with Scouts on MBs.

3 Likes

Our council, San Diego-Imperial Council, required all MB counselors to take the 60 minute my.scouting training for counselors. This was announced last May 2021 (?) and eventually was implemented many months later (I think in 2022). Apparently, many counselors don’t read their emails since quite a few I spoke with were surprised to find out they were no longer listed.

Probably not your situation, but something to be aware of…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.