Are emails automatically sent when new events are created

I have been creating/updating events and I assume that no emails will get sent until I set one or more Reminders.

I just found out that the leaders have been getting emails every time I add or modify events. (I am not getting any emails on create/modify, so I had no clue this was happening).

This is not optimal, because after a PLC meeting, I usually add all the calendar entries so everyone? is getting a burst of emails for every event for the next 2 months. Then they get the one/multiple reminders that I set in the calendar entry. I also sometimes use an event as a placeholder until we get more specific details/times/locations and I really dont want any email sent at that time. This makes me not want to add the reminders until closer to the time of the event, but then it will NOT show up on the google linked calendar.

No emails are sent without a reminder set. Have you seen any of the emails?

I usually set at least one reminder for all events (3 days before event) and I do get all of those reminder emails.

What I did not expect was that at least 2 of the leaders in our troop also got emails as soon as I created the event (even though the event was for January). (that is the email that I never received) They also confirmed that it happens for every event I create or update.

Have they forwarded the email to you? You can also look at the reminders when you edit the event. There is a history of reminders sent. Is anything crossed out there?

I have never had this happen. I keep a couple test accounts linked to my son to keep track weird issues.

How are you creating the events?

Events are created in ScoutBook.

I think I figured it out. It looks to be Google calendar sending the notices… I suppose they would have to disable those emails for that calendar via Google.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Scoutbook Troop 69 (Google Calendar) <calendar-notification@google.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 3:45 PM
Subject: New event: Eagle Court of Honor for David B @ Sat Jan 11, 2020 10am - 11pm (CST) (Scoutbook Troop 69)
To: <[someone@gmail.com](mailto: someone@gmail.com)>

The following event has been created.

Eagle Court of Honor for David B

When Sat Jan 11, 2020 10am – 11pm Central Time - Chicago

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.