Both Troops Missing from Scoutbook

Logged into scoutbook.com today and there is literally no information there. Neither the boys or girls troop shows up in the dashboard and all of the links that look like they may have info (Email, Edit Profile, etc.) are just links to where I can enter info about that topic. While I understand there is some transition happening from SB to SB plus blah-blah, we still need to run our troops. A transition should have all the info in each place until the old SB is turned off. I’m not re-entering all that info into this system again. There is also not any helpful info on this topic in the forum. Are we the only troops having this problem?

@JohnTaylor18 I think recharter did something odd to you - is fixed now - I recommend that you contact your local council and ask them to use the Registrar Tools to look up your children. When they look up your children, they want to check your children’s “User Relationship” and make sure that your children are connected to you as parent with Only your correct BSA member ID number 121643929

Also MBC is a universal position so you do not need it in 2 councils - that is probably what messed up the system with one updating

@JohnTaylor18 - the url’s should be:

scoutbook.scouting.org
advancements.scouting.org

Im registered as MBC in two councils because MBC is not treated by those registrars as universal. In order to teach Engineering and Cit in Comm in New Birth of Freedom they required me to register with them because it is not universal. I dont make the rules, just try to comply.

Im an SM for one troop and ASM for another. My son earned Eagle and aged out years ago.

I can see the Scouts in each troop in advancement, but some of the tools that were in scoutbook.com are missing in IA or Scoutbook+. Like being able to modify other adults connections to scouts, change scout leadership roles, approve scout advancement.

GTA 7.0.0.2 Covers this as far as Cross council issues - sorry your council is misinformed

2 Likes

@JohnTaylor18 - it has not been scoutbook.com for some time… it is scoutbook.scouting.org. For things like connections and the other items you mentioned theh are in scoutbook.scouting.org. Not everything has moved over to advancements.scouting.org.

Scoutbook.com redirects to the correct address. This must have been a temporary glitch. Tonight scoutbook shows both troops. Thanks for the info.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.