Scoutbook Support Access
For all non-login issues, before contacting support, it is strongly suggested you review the Scouting Forums at: https://discussions.scouting.org and post a question there.
- Scoutbook help article: How to Contact Support
- How to submit a ticket to Scoutbook Support :
- Scoutbook help topics: https://help.scoutbook.com/
National BSA Member Care Access
- Member Care Self-service portal at https://MemberCare.scouting.org - redirects web browser to Jira Service Desk Server Login Page
- Member Care Contact Center at myscouting@Scouting.org or +1 972-580-2489.
JIRA Service Desk Server
https://jira.scouting.org/ “Help Center” includes two customer portals:
- Boy Scouts of America National Service Center - For member care issues not handed by council service centers
- Scoutbook Support - For Scoutbook issues not handled by volunteers in the Scouting Forums and referred to national Scoutbook Support.
- BSA national Member Care and Scoutbook “agents” are using Atlassian Jira Service Desk (version 4.5.3 released on 9 January 2020) software to track tickets (as of 2020-07-30)
- Jira account set-up: For userid use same email address as in your https://my.scouting.org profile. Email address needs to be unique and for an individual.
- Jira web access requires that “cookies” be enabled. A minimum screen resolution of 1024x768 may be needed to render all web elements correctly.
- Jira supported desktop browsers maybe or will be (per supported browsers for Atlassian cloud products, 2 Apr 2020):
- Microsoft Edge - Latest stable version supported
- Mozilla Firefox (all platforms) - Latest stable version supported
- Google Chrome (Windows and Mac) - Latest stable version supported - Chrome doesn’t have WEBDAV / plugin support, so features like “Edit in Word” for attachments won’t work.
- Safari (Mac) - Latest stable version on latest OS release supported
Advance notice: Deprecating Internet Explorer 11. Jira Service Desk 4.5 will be the last release to support this version of IE. That means that after it reaches “end of life” in 2021, we’ll stop all support related to IE 11, and we’ll no longer test Jira on IE 11. - per Jira Service Desk 4.5.x upgrade notes
The new Microsoft Edge is based on Chromium and was released on January 15, 2020. It is compatible with all supported versions of Windows, and macOS. Downloading the browser will replace the legacy version of Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 PCs. - per Microsoft support download page, Feb 05, 2020
It is not clear yet if the new version of Microsoft Edge will be supported by Jira software or be subject to the same limitations as Google Chrome.
- Member Care front line workers (July 2020) are referring customers to use email. They do not appear to be trained to support customers using the self-service portal and are referring customers to use email only. (I do not see a simplified web page for submitting Member Care tickets like Scoutbook Support has.)
- Member care contact center does not answer all tickets . Tickets may be “resolved” by referral to the appropriate national department or to the customer’s council service center.
- Pre-COVID-19 member care work was suppose to be done first by the council. During COVID-19 national member care help center “agents” do not understand that some councils may be closed by the local government and service center employees are may not be setup to access restricted BSA systems from home.
Member Care Email Response
myscouting@Scouting.org reply message footer and signature.
Thank you for contacting us. We look forward to serving you.
If you need a password reset, consider using Forgot Password at My.Scouting@scouting.org
If you have registered your child for Scouts and need more information, please contact your local council.
You can find your local council contact information by going to BeAScout.org on the internet and enter the program and your zip code. This will pull up unit information and council information.
We have reduced our hours during the quarantine to 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We are also working with a reduced staff, but we will answer your email in the order it was received.
In the future, please consider using our self-service portal at
MemberCare.scouting.org. You can create an account using your email address.
Thank you for your patience and stay well,
Boy Scouts of America
Password reset in reply applies to htttps://my.scouting.org/ not the Jira Service Desk server.