Bug Report - Unit Tenure Error - Unit Roster Report

On the Unit Roster Report, the Unit Tenure is in error. My Troop is shown to be 26 yr 1 mo old when it won’t be 25 until November. My Crew is shown to be 1 year and 1 month old and I personally turned in the Crew’s new unit application on 6/24/2019. Both Packs that I’m affiliated with also have faulty tenure dates so I can only assume there is a coding calculation error, or bad data was brought in from ScoutNet. Bob

Bob,

Have a Key 3 member or Key 3 Delegate log in to my.scouting.org, go to Organization Manager then click on Download Charter Certificate in the upper left corner. If the charter certificate is wrong, you will need to contact your registrar to get it corrected.

Hi Ed,
I did contact the Registrars office and the problem isn’t necessarily with the charter but in ScoutNet itself, the “Tenure” field is mis-calculating and this may be being picked up by Scoutbook.Scouting.org in the unit Roster Reports. Knowing the flakiness of ScoutNet, it might be easier for the SB developers to key off the Charter date instead of the Scoutbook Tenure field.
Just a thoughts! .

ScoutNet Troop 624

Would straight up use of the original charter date properly account for lapses in the charter?

Hi Jacob,
That’s a good question and i don’t think it would. That said, the present “Tenure” field in ScoutNet is obviously out of whack somehow and not reliable as shown on my uploads. The best thing would be to find the ScoutNet bug, but I doubt BSA wants to spend much $$$ on that old system.
Bob

To report the ScoutNET bug, send an e-mail to myscouting@scouting.org.

If you have online access to https://jira.scouting.org as the result of filing a member-care request via e-mail, you may be able to file a technical report.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.