Bug: Scoutbook Trained Leaders Report doesn't sync

Dan- if you had already been noted as trained in your position there should have been no need to redo anything, unless of course you wanted to. The training is found at MYST by clicking dashboard and noting this:

Then clicking on requirements:

To determine trained status.

Yeah I was 90% so now I get to do that 90% again. However, I I did ScoutMaster Specific training in person and that isn’t showing up at all. I have the certificate and I can enter it in Scoutbook manually with a photo but how do I put it in my.scouting.org?

I had to redo all the checked ones here.

1 Like

Hi, @DanSchrimpsher,

Your unit’s training chair (or I think anyone with Key 3 access) can enter unit adult leader training into my.scouting. You can also reach out to your district or council training chair to have it recorded. In my experience, whoever ran the course should have submitted it to district/council for recording.

@DanSchrimpsher - what does your status show at MYST in the requirements section? Also in the completed section.

I have been watching videos since yesterday when I got home so some of them have started filling in.

It was a difference council and they didn’t have my BSA # apparently.

So you are showing as trained for MBC and committee so no real need to watch the videos unless you want to.

Where do you see that?

edit: I thought the green trained meant started but not done and red meant done.

The trained patch next to the position means you are trained period. That has always been the case. The red MBC is a non unit position so it uses the red one.

Okay good to know. My training coordinator would disagree with you cause he needs me to be 100% for his woodbadge :-). So I will probably do it just in case.

If you are noted as trained in MYST then you are trained. I suspect a disconnect somewhere.

Just a professional question (as this is what I do for a living and I do have a PhD focused on web service integration): Why would you scrape scoutnet? Why doesn’t scoutbook just integrate with the my.scouting database? A proxy service would be easy enough to build (I have done more than a few).

1 Like

I know I’m not. the WS10 Troop Committee Classroom challenge is what is hs focused on and I know I haven’t taken that.

Look…if MYST shows you as trained then that is it. The ws10 does not really exist anymore.

The “Trained” patch shows that you are already trained for your registered positions (Troop Committee Member and Merit Badge Counselor). You can take the courses again, if you want to, but you are already basic trained.

@Stephen_Hornak Sorry I didn’t meant to piss anyone off. I have had problems in the pass were it said I was but somewhere else it said I wasn’t and I know I never finished all the Committee training listed. Maybe I did the basic (i don’t know the difference between required and required if you know what I mean). So I will just ask him what he needs and go from there. Thanks for the help.

The classroom committee challenge was another way for committee members to get trained. But committee members could also do the basic training online.

@DanSchrimpsher - training is validated by council at MYST and since it shows the patch it is end of story you are trained. It is that flipping simple and nobody should claim you are not trained. And if they do they need to be instructed in how to use MYST.

Your training chair’s Troop Guide should NEVER have allowed a ticket item of getting all leaders 100% trained. Tickets should not be dependent upon anyone else completing anything. They should be based on making training available (for example) but not forcing everyone else to finish their training. I specifically told the patrol I was a Troop Guide for that I would not accept any ticket item that was dependent upon someone else completing something or even “get 50% of my Scouts to attend an event”.

You can pull your training from your previous council into your current record by going to “Manage Member ID” under Legacy Tools in my.scouting.org and entering your BSA# from your old council.

3 Likes

Dan, are you saying you were in one council and now are in another?

SUAC - does this forum have a PM function?