Cannot Recharter due to an Adult Application Pending Reassignment to District

We are trying to recharter our Troop, but an Adult (Bless his heart :frowning: ) incorrectly assigned himself to our Troop. We rejected his application, but now our district has him pending reassignment. We cannot finish our recharter due to this. Yes, Iā€™ve contacted by DE and Iā€™m going to tell you that he is just as confused about what needs to happen next. Iā€™m looking to the experts on this forum to provide me guidance to tell our DE what to do.

The ā€œerrorā€ we have is ā€œAwaiting Reassignment to another unit by the District.ā€

I have to imagine this means that our District needs to do something with this application, but they seem to be at a loss. I have to imagine that people on this forum, familiar with rechartering have dealt with this before. Please give me some guidance on what to tell the District Executive, or whomever the correct person is, to do in order to resolve this.

Skip the DE and talk to the Council Registrar

2 Likes

Ahhā€¦ the circle is now completeā€¦ rather than take my frustrations out on this forum, Iā€™d appreciate some guidance that I can give the registrar. Please see below the ā€œApplication Notesā€ from this gentlemanā€™s applicationā€¦names redacted and titles insertedā€¦ Please note the Registrar has acted upon this and nothing is changing. Again, giving me any guidance on how to help the Registar would be appreciated.

Thanks Donovan, I appreciate the help. Iā€™m sure you are quite busy right now.

We do not know this adult so are hesitant to admit him to our troop. If he is interested in speaking with one of our leaders, he should contact our Scoutmaster .
Wed, Oct 11, 2023 10:15 AM - [COR]

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT NOTE
Status updated to Pending Reassignment.
Sat, Oct 14, 2023 1:03 AM

Status updated to Pending Reassignment
Mon, Oct 16, 2023 8:45 PM - [District Executive]

Called [Applicant] but no answer. Will register him at the district level.
Mon, Oct 16, 2023 8:46 PM - [District Executive]

Status updated to Pending Reassignment
Wed, Oct 18, 2023 11:48 AM - [Registrar]

registered in the wrong place
Wed, Oct 18, 2023 11:48 AM - [Registrar]

@JohnFowler2 We recommend that you call your Registrar. We do not have access to Registrar Tools, but Registrars do.

1 Like

If the registrar doesnā€™t know how to proceed, they have channels to ask for help.

@JohnFowler2 the registrar is a Paid professional - SUAC are unpaid volunteers with no visibility to that area of the system

:man_shrugging:

I certainly have called the Registrar and the District Executive. Iā€™ll let them know they have an amazing help line that they can likely call.

This group (SUAC) has miraculously fixed Scoutbook issues, so I was hopeful for another miracle, not know where one tool ends and another begins. Iā€™ll channel my frustrations and energies toward the District.

Thank you for your help here.