When I try to add a new adult so I can update our executive officer the position is not listed in the position list. How can we add/update our executive officer?
@SarahBlaesing - that has to be done via council. I am in the same position as our IH/XO retired
In our council we are required to fill out a “New Unit Application” when our CO changes the Executive Officer/Institutional Head.
Filling out a New Unit Application is the only way to get this accomplished. Make an appt. with the new EO as they are the one who needs to fill it out and sign it. Once that is done, take it to your Council’s registrar After that is inputted by the registrar, it will update in Scout Book in 24-48 hours.
Good to know for all of us, just 11 months late!
My opinion is that the change should be submitted when it happens, in which case, the process is separate from the annual recharter.
Who signs what varies by the sponsor organization situation and whether the CEO (“IH”) is also the charter organization representative.
Initial contact with a new CEO (“IH”) usually involves a meeting between the council scout executive and the CEO (“IH”) with a presentation by the scouting executive
CONTACT YOUR DISTRICT EXECUTIVE OR COUNCIL SERVICE CENTER TO ARRANGE A MEETING FOR ORGANIZATION CEO (“IH”)
It used to be the charter organization executive officer (IH) signed an agreement between the organization and BSA®. to establish a relationship and to assign who the chartered organization representative was. The unit charter form was used, but not signed, to collect CEO contact information.
There were also council sponsored Scouts. For example, Lone Cub Scouts and Lone Boy Scouts (now Lone Scouts BSA) and outreach programs such as Scoutreach.
For some reason BSA appears to be including more sponsoring organization / BSA relationship clauses in BSA provided forms. Primary conflict between databases and forms appears to be the assumption that the sponsoring organization has only one of each type of Scouting unit.
The world has changed, primarily due to insurance and liability issues between the United Methodist Church and BSA®.
- Unit Resources section of Scouting Forms from the National Council | Boy Scouts of America - subject to change. Some forms, for example for 2012 and 2014, are obsolete. Extract with comments:
- for Cub Scouting, Scouting BSA, Venturing BSA, Sea Scouting BSA
- Form 524-402, 2022 reprint, signed by organization CEO (“IH”) and council BSA scout executive or delegate.
- and Spanish [524-202]
- Form 524-202, “Firma del responsable ejecutivo” (“IH”) and BSA “Firma del ejecutivo Scout o su designado”
- September 2022, short version
- Signed by Charter Organization (“IH”), Chartered Organization Representative, Unit Committee Chair, and local BSA council.
- edition: draft 10/21/2020
- “Licensee” should be the name of the local council, not an individual unit or person.
- “Licensee Address” should be the street address of the local council’s main office.
- The agreement must be signed by Scout Executive, Director of Field Service or Director of Support Services. Volunteers may not sign the agreement on behalf of the local council.
- Updated September 2022
- Signed by Unit Committee Chair and Local BSA council
- Form effective August 2022-February 2023
- Signed by:
- AFFILIATED ORGANIZATION: Chair of Board of Trustees
- LOCAL BSA COUNCIL: Scout Executive or Designee
- SCOUTING UNIT: Unit Committee Chair
© 2022 Boy Scouts of America®
This post contains information and links to information copyrighted by the Boy Scouts of America®.