Executive Officer and COR

Hello! I just found out that our Charter Organization Representative is now the President of our Charter Organization. Would this make him now also the Executive Officer? (Is one person allowed to be both?) For the recharter paperwork, would I just thus need one signature? Any help would be greatly appreciated- first time working with recharter this year. Thank you!

2 Likes

Yes a person can be both. Just add them a second time in that position

3 Likes

@DonovanMcNeil - Thank you so much for your reply last night! It looks like our other error is fixed, so hopefully I will be able to submit the charter later tonight. If the COR and Executive Officer are the same person, does that mean that I will need only 1 signature from the chartered organization?

(He signed the paper copy of the Unit Charter Agreement today and I asked him to sign on both lines.) Thank you again!

The main chartering process (roster approval) that uses Adobe only requires the COR signature or designee.

I have not heard anyone mention the process to sign what has traditionally been an annual charter agreement.

1 Like

If you have your registrar send you a manual recharter to mark up and send back, that document still has the two signature lines (Chartered Org and Unit Leader). I assume that the UL is the second line she mentions.

@DonovanMcNeil
Does the Executive Officer have the same permissions in Organization Manager as the COR does?

No. The Executive Officer is not a registered position within the Unit as they do not fill out an Adult Application. Many people are the Executive Officer is also the COR/CC in many units.

2 Likes

@AdamCox
Thank You!
Our COR is no longer active and our Roster does not reflect the Change in COR.
We do not currently have a Council Registrar and will be transitioning our Scoutmaster.
What would the best way to go about doing so?

1 Like

Good question: The Exec Officer (EO)is in charge and names the COR. The EO can put in an adult application and become the COR. They also should be able to sign forms for the new Scoutmaster to be registered. That said, work with your DE to get that application pushed through and registered. The DE can work with national to make things happen.

That said, and without looking, I believe that the CC can approve if setup within the Organization manager (need to look). That said, the COR can delegate someone to be the COR-Delegate. Hopefully that helps. The DE/Council can work to move applications through. Might be a bit. If the COR is still alive and can log in, they can just set-up the COR Delegate and that will help move some items along faster.

YIS

1 Like

Thank You! That is very helpful!

1 Like

Glad that helps. Please reach out as needed. Here to help. YIS

1 Like

It is likely the the COR is still the COR in my.scouting.org - and COULD go into position manager and assign someone else the position that is registered to see the unit a hassle.

2 Likes

One nuance I found, earlier this year having gone through this, is that even though it is the COR delegate, it must be delegated on a unit by unit basis. So if you have a pack, boy troop, and girl troop, one must be delegated 3 times.

1 Like