Changing the start date for a "past membership" caused my connection to break

This all started trying to generate an Eagle Application for a scout. Most of the merit badges on it do not have a unit number. A post here in the forums suggested that merit badges earned before the scout was connected to scoutbook will not have a unit number. So, I went into the scout and changed their “start date” on a “past membership” to the actual date they joined the unit. When I went back into the roster, they are now disconnected. I am a troop admin and Key 3 delegate. There is no way that I should be disconnected. Now I have a life scout whose records I cannot see or access. This happened before moving a scout. The parent was able to fix it but that parent was the SM. This is a scout whose family has never connected to scoutbook so they cannot fix it for me.

First off Unit # does not matter on Eagle app for MB’s - council just verifies dates.

you can try going to unit page > Roster > click your name > click admin position > click update - that should reconnect you.

1 Like

This indicates that I still have full control.

That worked. Thank you.
I tell my youth not to leave anything blank on the Eagle Application – that just leads to questions and possible delays.
FYI – changing the start date DID cause the unit number to be filled in for all the merit badges…

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.