Contents and format of CSV upload file
- I downloaded the MBC list from Scoutbook today (2019-06-03) and found a changed record that included a unit number. I thought the unit field was not being used.
- Another record had a changed email address (vs. the prior download). I was the same as the one in Scoutnet, so it appears that Scoutbook is updating Scoutnet data. What other Scoutnet information can be manipulated from within Scoutbook? How might this affect council operations?
- Other records have "firstname.lastname@example.org" in the email field. The people have apparently valid email addresses in Scoutnet. What does this message mean?
- What format(s) are acceptable for telephone numbers?
- To the best of my determination, the Excel macro used in processing Scoutnet files for upload still puts 'District' in the district field even though the presence of 'District' causes those records to be rejected. Learned this one the hard way.
Capitol Area Council