Correct PARENT’s BSA ID in Scout’s Profile in Scoutbook

I am the Committee Chair for units Troop 5-B and Crew 5 in Circle Ten Council (Soaring Eagle District). I am also COR Delegate for both units.

One of our youth has BSA ID 129454694 (initials ACV).

The parent has two BSA IDs. The incorrect one is associated in the youth’s profile as the parent’s BSA ID.

Please associate the correct BSA ID for the parent in the youth’s profile. See below……

Incorrect BSA ID = 129454695
CORRECT BSA ID = 124966442

Adult’s initials are BCV.

@BrianVoigt Is there a preference for which Scoutbook userID to keep?

I’m looking at keeping Scoutbook userID 12452182.

Are you saying that the youth has more than one Scoutbook profile?

@BrianVoigt No, I’m saying that the parent / leader has multiple Scoutbook accounts. Each Scoutbook account has a Scoutbook userID. It’s different from the BSA member ID number.

Thanks for clarifying. I definitely understand the difference between BSA IDs and Scoutbook accounts. What we didn’t realize is that there was additional Scoutbook account(s) for either the parent or youth.

The parent Scoutbook account you listed above is the one to keep. I’m assuming the other one doesn’t have any activity and isn’t linked to the primary BSA ID for the parent.

@BrianVoigt This user’s Scoutbook accounts have been merged.

I recommend that the parent / adult leader contact the local council and ask them to use their Registrar Tools to look up his children. In the “Relationships” section, he should be listed as parent only under BSA member ID number 124966442. They should remove him if listed as parent under any other BSA member numbers. Otherwise, his BSA member numbers might get switched at the next Recharter.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.