Correction to Scout's Last Name

When the Scout’s mother was signing up online, she used her last name when it should be the name’s last name. my.Scouting.org was corrected but the corrected name hasn’t transferred to Scoutbook. Can you correct this? The scout’s BSA ID number is 14282275 and his last name should be Borut. Thanks.

You need to talk to council on this. Changing my.scouting.org does nothing

Council won’t help me with Scoutbook. They direct me to the Scouting Forums.

This scout is also not registered

The need to change it in registrar tools

He is registered. He is in our roster on my.Scouting.org and in Scoutbook.

I do not see scout by that name on your my.scouting roster which is the official one

OH that BSA# you posted is the mothers

I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

That’s the number is scoutbook. She really messed it. She actually signed up herself as the scout and a lot needed to be corrected.

look for direct message to make this easier @LauraCincotta

I had this happen also @DonovanMcNeil. The parent signed up herself instead of her scout, but was charged for a youth. You would think it would have rejected it with the birthdate, but it didn’t. What can I do?

talk to council @JoyRagnow-Guzy

If you are not getting help from the Council Registrar - talk with your DE and District Commissioner or ADC.

The DE’s are PAID to help support the units.

From the information that you have provided - this should be an easy fix. The mother should be unregistered as a Scout and the Youth should be registered as a Scout.

Also every Council has a designated representative for ScoutBook.

Should have or had. Some don’t communicate this.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.