Counselors set to 0 Merit Badges

Why did a late February national system sync, cause most merit badge counselors to be set to 0 merit badges? Is there no quality testing? Do I now have to submit new paperwork to once again become a merit badge counselor? Unacceptable! Does Scouting employ these IT folks or is this a contracted out? I firmly believe they have broken more than they have fixed, just saying.

This is most likely an issue with your councils staff - they control the MBs for MBCs - check there first

Council staff has told me its a national issues and has-been reported by many councils. Need better control.

This has not been an issue in our council.

This has not happened in our council either and since MBC are a council function I am not sure where national with fit into the mix.

@RichardHall See if it’s back now.

Yes, appears to be back. Could you tell me why?

Thanks.
Richard

1 Like

It seems several councils had at least 2 instances of MBCs for users in the Registration Database - this caused some issues - so IT limited it to a single - but when this happened it triggered Member Update that puts or takes SB memberships which was not expected.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.