New MBC Welcome Message

When a new MB Counselor gets entered into the system and hits ScoutBook, an automatic email is sent confirming the person being added, but continues by saying “There are no merit badges listed.” (See example below)
Since, in most cases, the MBs are entered separately in a later process, this causes consternation in most new applicants, and usually results in an email to their district or council person.

When there are no badges, please change the last line of this message to read:
“Merit Badges are added in a separate process. You will receive a separate email when they are entered"

Date: February x, 2023 at x:xx:xx AM EST
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Your Merit Badge Counselor Status on Scoutbook

Hi xxxxxxxxxx,
Your council has recently updated its list of approved merit badge counselors and shared that information with unit leaders on Scoutbook.
According to this information you are approved for the following merit badges and have selected to work with Scouts
According to this information you are approved for the following merit badges and have selected to work with Scouts in the entire council.
There are no merit badges listed.

Your scoutbook council admin controls the wording of that message

I was hoping you wouldn’t say that LOL. I’ll go ahead and research it from this end.
Pete

Is there a convenient way, i.e., not calling multiple people in the council offices, to get info on who the Scoutbook Admin is for my council (564)?

thanks.

@BobPaver Your council has 8 council admins. I would recommend asking the council Registrar.

1 Like

@JenniferOlinger Thanks for the guidance. And for all you and the SUAC group do for us.

Bob

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.