Custom Advancement Reports are not generating correctly

Custom Advancement reports built in the Report Builder are not generating correctly. They are showing some requirements for only the first Scout on the page, all requirements out of order, and some requirements multiple times. It’s kind of a mess.

Edit: I was previously unclear that these are the custom reports we pull to show what requirements our Scouts need for different ranks. It is a critical tool for planning training opportunities.

You are going to have to be more specific - in Scoutbook Advancement Report is from the Needs Purchasing report and just shows completions for the Scout Shop

What specific report are you referring to?

1 Like

@TexMitchell - and the advancement report normally only reports final completed items and not requirements

After examining several reports, I think I have been able to identify some of what is wrong with the report generation.

First, the requirements are being listed strangely, the Sea Scout Able requirements on the report I’m looking at now lists them in this order:
Req #13 (starts at requirement 13 instead of 1)
Req #14
Req #15
Req #17
Req #16 (not an alpha vs numeric sorting order problem)
Req #10a
Req #10b
Req #10c
Req #10d
Req #10e
Req #10f
Req #10g
Req #11a
Req #11b
Req #11c
Req #11d
Req #11e
Req #12a
Req #12b
Req #12c
Req #13 (prior 20 requirements start over here at 13 again)
Req #14
Req #15
Req #17
Req #16
Req #10a
Req #10b
Req #10c
Req #10d
Req #10e
Req #10f
Req #10g
Req #11a
Req #11b
Req #11c
Req #11d
Req #11e
Req #12a
Req #12b
Req #12c
Req #13 (third pass for prior 20 requirements, one for each of the three Scouts in the report)
Req #14
Req #15
Req #17
Req #16
Req #10a
Req #10b
Req #10c
Req #10d
Req #10e
Req #10f
Req #10g
Req #11a
Req #11b
Req #11c
Req #11d
Req #11e
Req #12a
Req #12b
Req #12c
Req #1a (Here is where the report begins generating correctly for the remaining requirements)
Req #1b
Req #2a
Req #2b
Req #3
Req #4
Req #5a
Req #5b
Req #5c
Req #5d
Req #5e
Req #5f
Req #5g
Req #6a
Req #6b
Req #6c
Req #7a
Req #7b
Req #8a
Req #8b
Req #8c
Req #8d
Req #8e
Req #9a
Req #9b
Req #9c
Req #9d

Not only is this out of order, but it also repeats requirements starting at 13 through 12c (in the order listed in the report) over again, apparently for each Scout in the report (in this case 3 Scouts) and places the completed requirement checkmarks for each scout all in the column for the first Scout in the report.

After that, at requirement 1a in this example, the report places checks in the correct columns but continues out of normal sort order.

I hope that helps someone to get these working correctly again!

@TexMitchell - so please do specify what this report is and how you are deriving it. That was asked already but no answer provided.

I see you edited your OP. We don’t always scroll up to reread that. It could be helpful if you reply with the url of the report after it has been run.

1. I login
  2. I click on the hamburger
  3. I click on “My Dashboard”
  4. I select a unit
  5. I click on “[Troop/Ship/…] Reports”
  6. On the fly out menu, I click on “Report Builder Manager”
  7. Click on the unit type for the report (in this case, “Ship”)
  8. Select some Scouts that have expressed interest in working on advancement at the next outing
  9. Select the ranks that they are working toward (in this case, “Able”)
  10. Click “Run”
    This example generates the report you can view here.
    ReportBuilder_20210830.pdf - Google Drive
    (Scout’s names redacted for privacy)
    In this report, you will see that the requirements are out of order.
    You will also see that the first 20 are listed three times in a row (one for each Scout in the report) and all of their completions are shown in the first Scout’s column. It isn’t until the 21st requirement (in the order they are listed in the report) that the report starts placing the information in the correct columns.

@TexMitchell - thanks… are there version differences between the scouts advancement ?

@Stephen_Hornak Good question. No, there does not appear to be any past versions of the Able rank in the Scoutbook.com system.

The developers believe they have found the issue and the fix is in testing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.